Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last of Rome

New Year's Day started with a bang (actually 1/2 an hour of lots of bangs, fizzes & crashes). Elyne designated today as our day for getting lost. We went to the Villa Borghese gardens and (god help me) I agreed to renting a 4 person bike. It was electric so the hills were easier. Not so easy was people/dog/polizia/bus dodging. Still we survived along with everyone else in the park. Tomorrow we're off to the ship. We won't be able to post every day as ship Internet is pretty pricey.
Nothing in this place opens on New Year's Day. Is most unusual to see all the little cafes etc closed up. Luckily just enough food in the house to make dinner.






3 comments:

  1. is the objective of this trip to take a photo of every dog on the planet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si. You have won a personally commentated uncensored slideshow of all our dog photos when we get back. I suggest you set aside a day.

      Delete
  2. With Leo as my proxy, I shall attend!

    ReplyDelete